Saturday, November 15, 2008

My 21st Birthday Celebration!!!

I know this was over a month ago, but I figured I could post some pictures and put some lil anecdotes up that my mother would approve of (and that won't hurt my impending political career).

Overall the day of my birthday was rather uneventful... I saw all my friends and what not throughout the day at the CLA (where I take my French classes) and everything was pretty much normal. I asked Megan what we were going to do that night and she just told me to not worry about it... So I knew she had planned something.

When I got back to the dorm, I saw Matt, my Canadian neighbor and closest guy friend, and he told me to be ready to leave around 6:30 or 7:00 pm-ish. I was excited and started to get ready for the night. I put on my wonderful yellow dress designed and hand-crafted by the one-and-only Sara Price.

Matt and I rode the bus and then walked to Megan's house, where I was greeted by Megan, and her two roommates, Sigrid and her boyfriend, and Oda, who are also my friends. Megan had prepared a traditional "American" meal of green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and French's claim of a steak. It was delicious! After we had finished, everyone else showed up and the party began!

(here is where I will now show photos, if you want specifics email me ha ha)

This is my Birthday Cake Megan made in her toaster oven... that's how we bake around here ha ha

And here I am blowing out the cake. The girls bought me a boa, a pink whistle and the crown to wear all night... :)

The first toast of the night!

Here is everyone in the hall playing some sort of riddle games or something... I wasn't too interested in it at the time... ha ha

Meg and I in the bathroom of Madigan's, my second home.

And me behind the bar at Madigan's... I guess I was bartending a lil bit that night...

Overall, it was a great night as I was surrounded by people who care about me, I had lots of fun, and I slept like a baby...

0 comments: