Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hello from Chicago!!!

Hello from Chicago!!!

Yes, I finally made the leap and have moved out of my parents' house (much to their dismay and relief, I do believe haha) to begin three grueling years at John Marshall Law School right in the heart of downtown Chicago!


My last week in Colorado was a blast. I went camping with my bro, his girlfriend Jenny, and my bestie from DU, Amanda at Lake McConaughy where we sufficiently got sand in our cracks, and our food, and pretty much everywhere imaginable!
 
 Randy and Jenny - Rand being a goon as always

 Amanda and I after a sandy meal...

 Amanda catching a little air on the wakeboard!

 I was trying out the Randy look... I can almost pull it off...

 Amanda and Jenny were super excited about all the sand toads... and there were a ton.

 Randy and his dang holes. Some things never change...

We came home late Tuesday night and I had a chance to spend my last few days packing up all the rest of my belongings, hanging out with old debate friends, bottled up the barbera zinfandel blend of wine I made at Vintages with Jessie Hoosey, and had a BBQ at my house Saturday afternoon to get in my last goodbyes. PS - Thanks to everyone who came out that night. I was amazed at the spread of people from all different times in my life who showed their support and love that day, just as they always have!

 This is the machine that fills the bottles with the delicious wine.

 Jessie getting her bottle on the udder...

 Here is the case! We chose all the different colors of foil for the top. I still need to make a clever label... In case of emergency? That way I can crack it open when law school gets crazy? haha

From the party:
 Pallavi! Love this girl!

 My bestie Joel! Tu me manques!!!

 Linds!!!! She was a sad girl so I harassed her...

 Ditts!

 My absolute favorite of the night! Love you both so much!

I packed up the Uhaul Sunday and early Monday morning, Mom and I set out for Chi-town. Our first day we drove all the way to just outside Iowa City and saw a lot of construction and corn. Finally had to call it quits and rested in Williamsburg. Then it was back on the road to my new home!

The condo is absolutely darling! I took some pictures once all the unpacking dust settled and was swept away.

I am living in a neighborhood known as Wicker Park/Bucktown area. It is full of young, up-and-coming professionals, young families, dog owners, and hipsters galore. There are many cultural and artsy happenings, so I think I am going to love it here. I am only about a block from the "L" stop that I can take directly into the city to go to school every day. 

 My room started off a dark brown, so Mom and I repainted immediately, with the help of my new roomie, Sami!

Dad flew in Wednesday morning and got lost on the "L" trying to figure out how to get to the Western stop that is closest to us... evidently there are three, and third times the charm! :)

Here is a tour of the place:
 Front entrance

 Entrance looking into our vintage French themed living room

 Our sweet buffet with bookshelves

 Big windows looking out into the alley and our awesome couches. The blue one has our dog, Abby on it!

 This is the balcony where I am going to get an urban garden going!

 Kitchen, or as Sami calls it "Cassie's domain"

 Here's my darling little bathroom! And, it has a bathtub!

 Entrance to my bedroom, notice much more enjoyable green color

 
 

 Delightful view from my window and desk area!

I have already received 3 of my 4 first day assignments for school, starting August 20. This semester I am taking Torts, Property, Contracts, and a special Lawyering Skills class with a focus on Civil Rights. I will be spending my next couple of weeks taking different orientation courses and starting my homework! And so the reading begins...

That is all I have to update for now! Would love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment or you can always email me!

Sending my love from Chicago...

- Cass

2 comments:

m. Ansell said...

How many taps would you like me to bring for the house warming kegger next week?

Lindsay mitt said...

I love it cass!! I can't wait to read your updates!