Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I've finally hit the ground... jogging?

Hello, hello from a sunny day in Chi-town!

This week I started my "Early Bird Gets the Law" pre-school type law course. It goes for two hours every day for five days, and we begin to learn about the legal system, as well as what is expected from us in our courses by reading a book that breaks down an actual case that occurred in NY over a Monet painting. One of the girls who is in my section is also in the class, as well she lives close to the same L stop that I do, so Kelsey and I have been going to class together each day. (Kelsey comes from Ohio, her parents met in Tunisia in the Peace Corps, and like me, she wants to get straight A's to bring in the scholarships for next semester, so we seem to be a good fit!) We are also already cranking on our homework for our upcoming semester classes so we can use each other as extra resources to make sure we fully understand the cases and fully understand what we are supposed to be doing in our class! The course is definitely helping to ease my anxiety over what is expected of me, especially as I have the majority of my syllabi and don't really know what to make of it all yet.

I am adjusting to city life quite well so far. I find the L trains going by at night to be kind of peaceful... sick, huh? It's weird to me that when I take Abby for a walk (our darling dog) I have to pick up her poo because at home, a walk for Kaycee is going to the mailbox and she can just do her thing out in the field as she pleases. It is nice to have a dog around though, and I am very much still loving our condo. I've had a chance to work in the kitchen more this week making meals for Sami and myself, and I must say I am loving the kitchen amenities! It is fun for me to look at what limited ingredients I have and then try to make something delicious out of it! (Mom, second moms, and Grams, you should be proud for teaching me so well!)

Last night I attended my first ever WHITE SOX game! Sami's Dad is the general counsel for the team, so to say the very least, we have a pretty sweet ticket hook-up. Tonight our tix were in the "Gold Coast Club" where we had all you can eat and drink during the game. Life is tough, eh? (I, personally, see it more like enjoy these fleeting moments of spare time and sanity because it will all soon be over...)

Sami's family has their own brick! 

 Epicness...


 View from our seats!


 Yay roomies!



I swear wherever I go in this town I see my dad's name... haha

Best produce in town!


... And even at the baseball field... Dad is everywhere!

Hope all is well wherever you may be! Missing everyone back home... I need to go write a case brief now :)

- Cassie

0 comments: