Friday, January 9, 2009

Less than one week until my return!!!

Hello to all my wonderful friends and family!!!

As you may or may not know, I have had the opportunity to come home for the holidays! I had about a week's break between my first and second semester classes, so my loving parents flew me home to Colorado to pass the holidays with my good friends and family.

Christmas was at our house for the first time since elementary school I swear. It was great to have all of the extended family here sharing stories and the holiday spirit! I then helped my Uncle Craig move all of his office on the weekend which meant more time with the fam in the Highlands Ranch area!

Jenn and I went to some Christmas parties in our wonderful matching sweaters as well! (It was a great way for all her friends who thought I did not exist and was just a friend she invented, to meet me!)

For New Year's, my best friend Jenn, my friend Vinny and I all threw a party at her condo in Superior. It was a blast!!! Definitely a good way to bring in the new year! I bought a wonderfully French looking dress for the occasion! Accompanied by my red high heels from Italy, it was the perfect outfit for the occasion!

Here is the best picture I can find that shows off the dress (I am the one in silver and black lace) and tragically not the shoes! Vinny was my wonderful date for the evening! :)

Otherwise, I have been passing my time working on the Truman Scholarship, a national scholarship competition for $30,000 I can put towards law school and the prestige of being a Truman Scholar, which means I can get into really good law schools. I also just spent about 5 days at DU visiting with past professors and my myriad of advisers to get my classes and what not in line for this next semester in France. I also was able to see lots of my friends and had a dinner with my old residents from when I was an RA last year, as well as my old RA staff from last year too!

As I count down the days til I go back to France, I find myself busy with Truman stuff, Regional High School Model United Nations Conference stuff, and spending time with those I love!

If you would like to catch up or something, I cannot make promises, but we could at least chat on the phone!

Love you all very, very, very much and I hope you know how much each and every one of you means to me...

Love, Cass

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost thought you quit posting on your site. Glad I checked. It's important to spend that priceless time with friends and family, especially during the holidays. Hopefully I can talk to you before you leave. At least we have Skype where I can hear your voice, but not see you, and you can only see me (lol)! I miss you.

Love,
Jon