So this evening, my friend Youssef, from Casablanca, Morocco was making his dinner in the kitchen at the same time I was. Because I was in a chipper mood, I was drinking a glass of wine. He has asked me what I was drinking and I told him, and he told me that his religion, Muslim, does not allow for him to drink alcohol if he wants to be a good Muslim. I asked him if he goes to Mosque and he said he did every Friday, that there are three in Besancon. Then I just asked him about religion in general. It was so fascinating to just hear everything he had to say about his own beliefs and religion in general, especially that of the Muslim faith.
Every day, I find more and more things out about myself... I love being here and I am so thankful for the little daily experiences like talking to Youssef, even just walking to the grocery store. :)
- Cass
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment