The other day, Andre, the owner of Madigan's, asked me if I could help him make a call to California. Turns out his lawyer friend, Vincent, had bought a Ferrari and one of the head lights did not work, so he had to order a special one from a California company. Having not heard anything from the company or received the light, they wanted to see what was up, so I got to play translator and placed the call for them. Turns out the light was on back-order form Ferrari, etc. etc. ha ha
I was rewarded for my English speaking skills by two glasses of Champagne :)
I have finished my first week of classes and absolutely love them! As of right now, I am going to be taking courses on:
The Contemporary History of Colonization
The Institutions of the European Union
An Introduction to Political Science
Geography Class dealing with Geopolitics
Perhaps a class on Social Issues and Problems in Contemporary Society
and a lil French language class to keep brushed up on good French :)
The classes at the university are different from US classes in that there isn't ever any homework or big assignments and quizzes to make sure you are following the course and understanding the topic. The professors give you a bibliography of books they have read to prepare for the course or supplemental books that you can read to get more information on the subject, and you are to seek out the books and what not on your own if you want to. Then, at the end of the course, there will be one exam that determines your entire grade. Et voila, you have French university classes in a nutshell.
The sun has been shining the past three days. It was short lived as today its windy and overcast yet again... oh France... I hope all the Coloradoans are enjoying their shorts and flip flops weather while I freeze and get blown away!
I am off to read up on the EU... Love you all!
- Cass
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
wow 3 posts in one week! Keep it up...your mother
Post a Comment