Hello everyone!
Sorry I have not been posting as much these past few days, but it's been a whirlwind of activity around here!
I had my first dance class on Wednesday! The class is for level 2 tango, waltz and paso-doble dancing. In this class, we did some tango and waltz. WHICH I LOVE. The dance instructor, Simon, who also owns the place with his wife, danced with me and kept making fun of my because I was trying to be the "danseur" = the man/leader and not the "danseuse" = the gal/follower. I guess my days of having to dance with all the tall, uncoordinated guys at the Colorado Academy of the Arts hurt me more than advanced my partner dancing skills. ha ha When we had to do this one turn thing for the tango, I would always just have at it, and he would say, "Cassie, I just turned alone." And would get this sad expression on his face. What he means is, Cassie, you don't turn until I push you that way. ha ha ha Oh man I have a lot to learn in this whole couple dancing thing. There was also another lad that I had danced with, all the people in the class except one older lady, is there in a couple, so I danced with this one guy who was shorter, it would be like dancing with my Uncle Steve, and he asked the instructor, how do I dance with her? (all jokingly) She is not my size! It had everyone in the room cracking up... By the end of the night, the instructor was using me to show what was to come the next week in class, so I think that means I did pretty well! :)
On Thursday, there was a nation-wide protest, so I was unable to go to my rock dance class because there were no buses running that day, at least not consistently. From what I was able to gather, Sarkozy and the government are putting into place something like the "No Child Left Behind Act" in the states as their approach towards education. Naturally, people are pissed. So what do they do? They refuse to show up to class and educate us... go figure. My one class for the day, Introduction to Political Science was a no-go.
I also had to say goodbye to Youssef, my Moroccan friend. He is going to the city of Algiers for an internship, that will keep him there until August. I am really sad about this because him and I had really bonded and had some good conversations the past week, and now the kitchen will be lonely without him...
This morning I went to my first French class. The professor seemed rather excited to have me there. We were reading an article on President Obama and his new plan to fix the economy. He would ask me and this other girl if the words were the same in English and what not. It was a really interesting class! Afterward, the other English speaking gal, whose name I do not even know how to spell, came up to me and introduced herself. She is from Trinidad and Tobago and is studying at the Fac de Droit like me! She was absolutely hilarious! I hope to see her again, real soon!
Lastly, as I sit in my room writing this and about to embark upon some more Truman revamping, the sunshine is streaming through. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day in Besancon! I am thinking about walking into town later on to see everyone at the Pub. I haven't been there since last Thursday! I also need to buy a book for my colonization class.
Well, that is it for me for now. I hope all is well with you! Post a comment and let me know how you are doing! Love and miss every single one of you!
- Cass :)
P.S. My mother now has a facebook, I never thought I would see the day! ;)
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey, if you can cook I can get a facebook page! Love the story about the dancing. I am glad that you are doing something that you used to love!
Your technology challenged mother!
Post a Comment