Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You know you're back in France when...

1 - Your first major day back, and needing to do tons of errands mind you, the buses are yet again on strike because some punk kids HELD UP A BUS to get the money and bus tickets...

2 - So you literally have to walk 45 minutes into town (Europeans walk everywhere don't they?) and it's not only raining but the wind is blowing so hard, you walk sideways at time and your incredibly large tote bags manages to almost rip itself off your arm...

3 - Of the four mornings you have woken up here again, all four have been overcast (but yesterday we had a solid five hours of sunshine! and wind...)

4 - You hear French everywhere and with that you smell cigarette smoke...

5 - Your toilets are missing seats...

All in all, it's good to be back!

My first day of French law school, yesterday (Tuesday), went very well! I took a class on colonization that was very interesting and easy for me to understand conceptually even though I do not know all the words the professor for using. Today I am going to sample a European Union Class and I was thinking maybe a Constitutional Law class... we'll see!

Because my shins and calves are still sore from my Monday walking excursion, I am going to go try and jog for like 15 minutes to get them stretched out and maybe get my big butt back in shape! ha ha :) (That's for you Randy and Dad)

Yesterday, I also finished my round two edits of the Truman Scholarship. Which reminds me, I haven't mentioned that on her yet. The Truman Scholarship is $30,000 national scholarship for graduate school (so in my case law school). Each university has 4 nomination spots, and back in October or November, I don't remember, I had written a pre-essay to DU, received a nomination spot, and am now one of four who gets to apply at the national level. The application itself is quite rigorous and is going to continue to take a lot of work as I try and perfect it. I must also get three very specific letters of recommendation and do some other stuff. If I am chosen to be a finalist, I will have to fly back home to Colorado in order to have an interview with the other Colorado natives who have been nominated and chosen as finalists as well. From there, about one to two students from each state will become Truman Scholars, this is based upon past year money allottage. From there, my pathway to law school and internships is paved for me very nicely and I should be able to do great things with it! So we'll see how it goes as I go through each process... wish me luck!

I would also like for everyone to take note of how often I have posted... and since I am putting an avid effort into this, please comment as you read because then I know that my posts are actually being looked at! I was surprised when I came home this break at how many people who had read this but I had no idea!

Love you all!

- Cass

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am letting you know that I read this and it makes me happy to have some connection with you when you are so far away. Any small tidbit of information on your blog is welcomed and doesn't make me feel like you are so far away. I will be sure to point out the part to your father and brother regarding your J-Lo tushy.
:-)

I love you,
your Mother